So close to the end of this course!
This week's new material to study was about technology tools to use for e.g. making tests, websites, exercises... I had a look at plenty of sites and tools, tested a few of them and linked them to my delicious-site so that I can have a closer look at them later.
I found Tools for Educators http://www.toolsforeducators.com/ a nice site. I managed to make a boardgame and a small crossword with those tools but creating a bigger crossword puzzle with longer text hints didn't work for some reason.
SMILE http://clear.msu.edu/teaching/online/mimea/smile/v2/ looks useful, but I haven't had the time to explore and test the tools there yet. Another thing to spend a rainy summer day on in preparation for work next autumn.
Another thing I spent time on this week was the project report. It took plenty of time to write but the reflection I needed to do while writing was very useful. I also received useful and insightful comments from my two proeject partners, Monika and Rosmery, and I will go back and revise certain parts of the report with the help of their feedback.
Reading and peer evaluating Monika's and Rosmery's reports was very interesting as they had very different types of projects, both of which were very concrete and useful for their work. All in all, having read their reports and seen the great interactive PowerPoints and this week's tasks on the wiki, I can be really proud of belonging to the highly qualified ingenious group of people we, English teachers around the world, are!
No more lessons to teach this spring, only exam week left!
The picture above is from openclipart.com
Hi Tuula,
ReplyDeletea very nice reflection. I have to make sure I follow you on Delicious pages because this week I have got lost :-)
Exploring the tools we were introduced just spark another flame of our imagination. We have been trying, checking, assessing and contemplating which of them we may use immediately, which of them we will use in the future and which of them we need more time to start working with.
After having finished this course, I think all of us are going to spend those rainy days over the tools and consider how, when, what for, who with we are going to use them next school year.
Your project is great and revising it with the use of a checklist will result in receiving an excellent feedback and assessment. Keep my fingers crossed.
Monika